win32com and internet explorer

chandan chandan_mathur at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 4 21:00:41 EDT 2002

"Emile van Sebille" <emile at fenx.com> wrote in message news:<6vZU8.409778$cQ3.28013 at sccrnsc01>...
> chandan mathur
> >     I am new to python/programming.. I was trying to read and save a
>  page
> > from the internet using win32com and internet explorer..., easy rite?
>
> Yep... but in python without win32com and ie:

Hi.. thanx for the reply..., i have used urllib before, but i need to
retrieve a https ssl secured page..., so i thought of lettin internet
explorer do all the dirty work of handling https.. since i had no luck
with the httpshandler from urllib2 (some socket problem.. i can't
figure out). Is there an alternate way of handling this problem?

help appreciated
Chandan