Open document formats

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Mon Jul 15 08:46:04 EDT 2002

In article <3D327322.5000006 at mxm.dk>, Max M  <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:
>.doc is the most common file format there is outside of html/txt so
>naturally anybody who has customers that lives in an MS world must be
>able to read it. Which means most of us.
>
>Publishing/reading in ps/pdf is rather easy for *nix types and
>Publishing/reading in .doc is easy for Windows types, so it is very much
>a matter of taste which format you use.
			.
		[more detail]
			.
			.
While I'm generally among the world leaders in ascribing
differences to "a matter of taste", I must demur on this
point.  Yes, I agree conventional desktop users frequently
pass around .doc-s.  It's NEVER acceptable to me, though,
in the context of this thread, simply because .doc-s are
such agents of contagion.  They're infectious.  It's un-
safe computing.

If you substitute .rtf for .doc in what you wrote, I can
accept it.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net