Let's Talk About Lambda Functions!

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Jul 27 16:17:55 EDT 2002

Carl Banks wrote:

> I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trolling.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean you.  I meant the "lambda lovers have
childhood traumas" guy.  If he cannot defend his position with-
out stuff like that, it must be a pretty worthless position.

If you like lambdas, use them.  All the best pythoneers do, so why
shouldn't you?

And as you noted, they're great when you need something simple,
and don't want to break the flow.  And when you find that you have
to refactor, it's not that hard to turn that comment into a def line,
add a newline and type "return".

(Premature refactoring is the root of all evil, etc. ;-)

Oops, my typometer just rolled over.  time to stop worki