what's up with 'patterns'?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Jul 3 09:02:55 EDT 2002

Guyon Morée wrote:

> i've seen several topics referring to 'patterns'.
> i am unfamiliar with this. could someone explaint to me what this is all
> about?

Well people have been doing object oriented programming for several
years by now, and some programmers have noticed that patterns are
starting to emerge in how they use objects to reach their goals.

That is as they try to solve different problems they often use the same
method of solving their problem.

These patterns has been described and named in litterature, so that
programmers can refer to them under their pattern names.

Try to google on "Programming Patterns", that will most likely turn up
more info than you care to shake a stick at ...

regards max M