Using .UDL files with Python

Opus opus at value.net
Thu Jul 4 04:14:21 EDT 2002

Is there anything for Python that allows the usage of a .UDL to describe the
connection to a database?

I'm writing a program that uses a database (right now MySQL), and I want to be
able to make it as generic as possible.  It seems that the .UDL files give the
user/admin person a nice GUI for setting up this data.  Is there anything out
there for Python to parse that file type?  Or would the ConfigurationParser be
the best bet?

Thanks.
--Opus--

Priests have no hats, Cardinals have those little red beanies,
the Pope has a collection of big hats...God must have a huge
frigging Sombrero up there in heaven.
                            - Unknown

Get added to my Humor list:
mailto:opus at value.net?subject=ADD_HUMOR