Excel type 'time' conversion to string problem

Martin Zuber zuber at centrum.cz
Wed Jul 10 03:50:58 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am writting some utility, which converts data from XLS to formatted
ASCII file. I create instance of the COM component Excel.Application
and read values using the Cells(x,y).Value. Everything is fine for
string and numbers. But when I read the cell with the date/time value,
the property Value returns object 'time'.

I am unable to convert this value to string representation, I have
tried some experiments with the time module, but without success. Can
someone help me?

Thanks,

Martin