QT->XML->Pmw->GUI

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 1 06:44:59 EDT 2002

Giorgi Lekishvili wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> As we surely know, an excellent GUI builder, QT designer primarily
> produces XML-based UI file.
>
> My question is:
>
> -Is there any available script in Python transforming the .ui file in
> Tk+Pmw based .py file? And if not, what do you think, would it be
> meaningful to make such a script? E.g., sort of uip compiler along with
> the uic compiler...

It wouldn't be really useful, unless you can find an accurate replacement
for all the Qt widgets, and could find a way to translate the included
signal/slot connections to something Tkinter could use. And with the current
version, you can even include Python code in the ui files, if you want to.

There's, of course, already pyuic, which generates Python code that uses
PyQt...