Programming/Life ratio (was Re: __call__ bad style?)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Jul 28 09:47:43 EDT 2002

In article <lkvg72kdtj.fsf at pc150.maths.bris.ac.uk>,
Michael Hudson  <mwh at python.net> wrote:

>Then I'm ahead of you by ... erm ... 13 years.  Wow, I've been
>programming (admittedly only as a hobbyist) for nearly a third of my
>life.  That's scary somehow.

Heh.  For me, it's closer to 3/4 of my life, and I've been doing it for
pay more than half my life.  Then again, I'm still under 40, and I'm one
of the few people in that category who's used JCL.  (Not the only one,
from the last time we had this thread.)

On the gripping hand, I never really thought of myself as a programmer
until I learned Python.

Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/