turtle module information

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sat Jul 27 00:43:28 EDT 2002

"J.Jacob" <joost_jacob at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:13285ea2.0207261327.2827b3a6 at posting.google.com...
> The turtle module is very nice.  I would like to know if there is any
> more information about the turtle module available?  Of course there
> is the turtle.py file in C:\Python*\Lib\tk* but I am also interested
> in things like who wrote it and design decisions.

It's a long time since I wrote turtle graphics. The idea was originally
dreamed up, IIRC, by Seymour Papert for his LOGO programming language,
primarily used to investigate how easy it might be for children to absorb
programmin concepts. The idea was to give them something programmable that
provided immediate visual feedback.

A search on Google for "logo turtle graphics" will probably give you plenty
of useful data, much of it historical by now.

> Is it possible to change the font used by turtle.(Raw_Pen).write() ?

Dunno. Use the source, Luke!

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/