sqlite-python-0.2.0.win32-py2.2.exe fails

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Sun Jul 7 08:30:46 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Comcol" <comcol at ukmail.com>

news:<mailman.1025964548.906.python-list at python.org>...
> > * Comcol <comcol at ukmail.com> [2002-07-06 06:50 -0700]:
>
> I don't think that this is of use to you, though. As far as I know
> there's nothing wrong with PySQLite itself, but with the
> self-extracting installation program. If the distribution had been
> available as a zip file then I would probably be able to install it.

Try unzipping the installation file and doing the install by hand.
Standard Python Win32 installation packages made by distutils are just
an exe stub with a zipfile appended, and all zip packages I've ever
used can read that format easily.

> > PPS: Have you installed all updates for Windows 95? Service Pack 1?
>
> Good Lord no. I don't know where one could get a service pack anyway.

Usually from Microsoft:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/

All the service packs and hotfixes seem to be there.

Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.  If the version number
does not end with a letter, you need Service Pack 1.  If it ends in a
letter 'a' (lowercase always I think) you have SP1 already.  If it ends
in a 'b', 'B', or 'C' you have OSR2.0, 2.1, or 2.5 (the only released
versions AFAIK).  OSR means OEM Service Release... you can't upgrade an
'a' version to a 'b' or higher legally (although given a CD and the magic
MSBATCH.INF file it's technically easy).

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net