idiots guide to python

Mike Johnson baptism_of_fire_842 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 6 09:18:46 EDT 2002

Oren Tirosh <oren-py-l at hishome.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1025928068.10002.python-list at python.org>...
> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 04:29:48PM -0700, Mike Johnson wrote:
> > I am starting an A-Level course in computing in september, and i will
> > need to learn how to use python.  I have no previous experience of
> > programming, but could anyone point me in the direction of an "Idiots
> > Guide"?
>
> I see you already got a few answers.  I was just wondering - who is giving
> this course?  I believe Python is an excellent first language to learn and
> it's nice to see that beginner courses are using Python.
>
> 	Oren

Thanks very much for the replies, i'll look at those guides.  The
course starts in september and is being run by Geoff Tarrant of
Trinity School, Carlisle (UK).

Python is being used because it is easy to learn and unlike Visual
Basic, if you want to continue to work on computers at home, you will
not have to pay about £100 for a copy of VB (or use pirated disks) and
it is open source.

Thanks Again,

Mike