Getting an error when quitting an app using a call 'self.master.quit'?

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gerhard at bigfoot.de
Sun Jul 14 19:25:49 EDT 2002

* G. Willoughby <never at mind.info> [2002-07-15 00:10 +0100]:
> I have been getting an error when quitting an app using a menu to call
> 'self.master.quit'. the error is:
>
> 'The instruction at "0x00d7a0a3" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The
> memory could not be "read".'
>
> My OS is winXP Pro any ideas whats going on?

No, in theory it's possible to determine at which line in the
C/C++/whatever code your program crashed, if you give the detail of exactly
which Python version, versions of extension modules and where you got them.
And if these were built in debug mode, and the stripped (or whatever the
Windows equivalent of that is).

But as Python and your extension modules are Open Source, you just need a
debug version of Python and your extension modules and run your app in a
debugger. When the segmentation fault happens, you can get a traceback in
your debugger.

For Python itself, this currently requires having access to Microsoft's
Visual C++ (or lot of writing Makefiles for your favourite other compiler
yourself).

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0