pythoncom from jython

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Tue Jul 9 06:48:11 EDT 2002

* Daniel Piñol Laserna <dpinol at hotmail.com> [2002-07-09 03:28 -0700]:
> Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.1026118510.5320.python-list at python.org>...
> > * Daniel Piñol Laserna <dpinol at hotmail.com> [2002-07-08 01:40 -0700]:
> > > Is it possible to use pythoncom from jython?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > Ideally, I'd like to build a com component in python (this works with
> > > win32 extensions), and from there make calls to java classes (this
> > > need jython).
> >
> > Do you really need to combine COM and Java? Use a COM <-> Java bridge,
> > then. Googling with the keywords "java com bridge" finds you some
> > alternatives.
> Yes, but only Jintegra and TIBCO offer the bridge in the direction I
> need it: A COM client using a java server. And they're not free.

Such is life. There are people who actually want to get paid for having
having to work at the C(++)-level with the terribleness of both Java and
COM.

http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/software/bridge/

Early Access Program (if you're into Java, do yourself a favour and
quickly register there):

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/j2eecas/download-com-bridge.html

They advertise this as a J2EE<->DCOM bridge, but it will likely have a
real use, too =:-)

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930