asyncore: limiting number of simultaneous connections?

Jason R. Mastaler jason at mastaler.com
Wed Jul 17 22:33:24 EDT 2002

I'm building a server based on asynchat/asyncore.  The
documentation for these modules is sketchy at best, and I couldn't
find an answer to this after browsing through the code.

Is there an easy way to limit the number of simultaneous connections
to such a server?  My preliminary tests indicate that it will happily
accept as many connections as the host system will allow, which is not
good.  I'd like to be able to specify a ceiling on this.

--
(http://tmda.net/)