visual basic 6

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Jul 24 12:28:49 EDT 2002

Hi Nicholas,

The Python web-site has a section devoted to new users of Python, which
tries to point out useful documentation:

http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html

note that Python also comes with a tutorial geared for people already
comfortable with computer programming.

As for getting your development environment set up:

	Your best bet, given that you're likely on Windows at home, is to get the
ActiveState Python distribution, which includes the PythonWin IDE.
That's a fairly simple and reliable editor which is about as close to
VB's text editor as I've seen for Python (it doesn't have a dialog
editor, unfortunately, but to learn Python you'll likely be doing
non-graphical things for a while).

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePython/install_22

you'll probably want to start with Python 2.2 (see the right side of
that page).

If you've already downloaded "python.org"'s Python, you can just
download PythonWin (and some other stuff, called win32all) at this page:

http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html

make sure you get the release for the Python version you downloaded
(i.e. 1.5.2, 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2).

Hope this helps,
Mike

Nick wrote:
> Hi my name is Nicholas and I am using visual basic 6 at school but I am
> have difficulty with understanding what my teachers is trying explaining
> and I was wondering if you had any information like a beginners guides
> that could help me.
>

> Thanks
> Nicholas
> Mclean                                              nmclean at evokeit.com.au