Where python especially good ?

Pekka Niiranen krissepu at vip.fi
Tue Jul 2 09:46:25 EDT 2002

I think python is good for small tools that needs to be developed quickly.
Also, in organizations where people do not have formal education
of programming languages, python syntax is a plus.

However, the current trend of picking best of other languages will eventually
lead to a situation where you have a language which performance and
features are "average". The current trend of adding C-extensions and
inline compilers shows that something is wrong in Python. Also, the bigger
the standard library, the harder to make engineering changes to language
Stackless IS a good idea, but if that cannot be implemented because of the
current userbase, we got a problem.

-pekka-