Idle setup install falis on Win2k

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Jul 8 20:37:51 EDT 2002

[David LeBlanc]
> Idle.py assumes that it's scripts are in the same directory as itself

It assumes they're on sys.path.  This is normally true.

> and they're not after install.

As opposed to what, "before install"?  I can't tell what you're getting at.
All of Idle is installed under Tools\idle\ on Windows, and the Start menu
shortcut reads (assuming the default install path):

    C:\Python22\pythonw.exe "C:\PYTHON22\Tools\idle\idle.pyw"

> Idle.pyw just silently fails if they're not in the same dir as itself.
>
> This is PythonLabs Python 2.2.1 binary on Win2k with the included
> distribution of Idle.

Where do you think Idle got installed?  Don't get paranoid, but this is
another thing that works for everyone but you <wink>.