sqlite-python-0.2.0.win32-py2.2.exe fails

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sat Jul 6 10:08:31 EDT 2002

* Comcol <comcol at ukmail.com> [2002-07-06 06:50 -0700]:
> I tried to run
>      sqlite-python-0.2.0.win32-py2.2.exe
> on a Windows 95 machine, but it failed due to a page fault. *Sigh*

Did you know that we have a list for users of PySQLite at
http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pysqlite-users ? Not all its
developers are closely following comp.lang.python.

> Any chance of getting one that works?

I only have Windows XP Pro, one other developer has Windows 98, so we
didn't test on Windows 95, yet. I might take out VMWare and install my
old copy of Windows 95b, but that's honestly a PITA for me.

> Also, I'm assuming that the file installs everything necessary to run
> sqlite from python.

Yep. It contains a Python extension module that is statically linked
against SQLite.

> I'm also assuming that the package is ready to go "out of the box" -
> only installation being required. It would break my heart to find out
> that I would actually have to (*try* to) compile something, or install
> a whole bunch of other stuff (apart from Python, of course) to get it
> to run. Am I right?

Only Python and PySQLite are required. Date and time data types are
supported if mxDateTime is installed.

Now that doesn't solve your problem. What we need to debug your problem
is a core dump, or DrWatson file, or whatever it's called on Win95. Does
anybody here know by chance how to produce it?

Comcol, would you be willing to install gdb and run a debug build of
PySQLite so that we could get at the backtrace of your page fault? If
yes, then I could try to assemble the necessary instructions for you.

Gerhard

PS: PySQLite 0.3.0 will most likely be released today. Maybe we are
lucky and it solves your problem.

PPS: Have you installed all updates for Windows 95? Service Pack 1?
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 15.9 °C      Wind: 1.9 m/s