j2ee vs. python (and what our evil competitors are saying about python)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jul 9 18:06:48 EDT 2002

"curt finch" <curt at journyx.com> wrote in message
news:96c7f32.0207091153.7b2484be at posting.google.com...
> Product is free at http://www.journyx.com/products/timesheet/

For up to 10 users, which covers me and, I suspect, most readers here.
Having tried online demo, I may download and give this a try for
personal use.

> Our rebuttal (based on some of your comments) is here:
>
> http://www.journyx.com/pdf/PythonAtAGlance.pdf

This is a nice, professional-looking promotional piece for Python.  If
you plan to keep it there, perhaps you could submit link to webmaster
at Python.org.  It might be useful to people trying to introduce
Python in workplace and needing non-programmer manager approval.

Terry J. Reedy

PS.  The notion that competitor would try to attack product by
attacking invisible-to-user implementation language strikes me as
bizarre.  Reeks of desperation.