DOS-Shell hangs up, python/Tkinter

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Fri Jul 26 16:39:56 EDT 2002

Markus von Ehr <markus.vonehr at ipm.fhg.de> wrote in
news:3D41171B.1F977845 at ipm.fhg.de:

> The problem is that with pythonw I don't get the Debug "prints".
>
> Markus

Of course, I had a similar problem.  There have been many threads
discussing this issue.  There are also some cookbook recipes about doing
this ......  I chose to have a method in which I can choose to have
stdout/stderr go to a (dynamic) Tkinter window which pops up when there is
'something' printed.  That way, I "know" when something got printed because
the window appears.

I would be glad to mail it to you if you would like (although it's a little
over 130 lines, I hate to waste newgroup bandwidth).  I would post it on my
website but ... it looks so dumb I hate to advertise it.