Web templating/db tool with best designer/coder separation?

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Tue Jul 2 09:27:16 EDT 2002

On 2/7/2002 5:00, in article 3d21259f$0$28006$afc38c87 at news.optusnet.com.au,
"Stephen Tyler" <nntp at ebusinessresults.com.au> wrote:

> The other contenders for my "next-generation" web templating system
> typically use XSLT to transform a variety of XML inputs into XHTML output.
> But XSLT can be very obtuse for non-coders (and even coders).  And it still
> needs to be supplemented with a general-purpose programming language.

Did anyone mention Cocoon yet in this thread? (I didn't follow the start)

    <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/>

I think they've got a very interesting idea based on transforming XML. The
main feature of their model is "Separation of Concern" - enabling content
authors, designers, and programmers to all work independently. It's sort of
like JSP tag libraries, but in multiple layers.

Jonathan