euid/egid eaten up by os.popen

Jane Austine janeaustine50 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 25 12:14:09 EDT 2002

We use python cgi for a part of our web programs.

For some permission concerns, we have an execv file that simply runs our
main python code via "execv" C function. The execv file is compiled and
set as "chmod 6xxx".

When we print out geteuid from the python code, it prints out as we
expect. However, when we call a popen, the pipe is run without the
effective user/group id.

That is a problem since web accesses are done via apache(or nobody) account
and we don't want to reveal everything to the world while using some external
programs through pipes.

Any helps?