how to ask google, altavista or another search engine...

Paul Brian paul1brian at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 17 11:54:38 EDT 2002

Dear shagshag.....

It can all be done with the google web API

This is an xml-rpc based service that allows you to send through queries and
get back xml formatted results.
Its very impressive, although I am lost for "real world" automated
applications....

You need to register however, to prevent abuse i suppose:

https://www.google.com/accounts/

As for the other search engines, perhaps use urllib to download the pages
and just a simple string.find would result in most answers, with little
effort (or, for masochists, use htmltidy to convert to xhtml, and XPath to
get the bits, or even regular expressions ! )

Paul Brian
(07899) 877 295
paul1brian at yahoo.com

"Shagshag13" <shagshag13 at yahoo.fr> wrote in message
news:ah431f$q33vu$1 at ID-146704.news.dfncis.de...
> hello,
>
> i'm looking for a python script able to ask to a web search engine
(google, altavista or another search engine) and/or able to parse