idiots guide to python

JohnJacob noone at here.invalid
Mon Jul 8 01:13:28 EDT 2002

"Mike Johnson" <baptism_of_fire_842 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:626290cd.0207051529.518f4ce7 at posting.google.com...
> I am starting an A-Level course in computing in september, and i will
> need to learn how to use python.  I have no previous experience of
> programming, but could anyone point me in the direction of an "Idiots
> Guide"?
>
> thanks.
>
> Mike Johnson

'Learn to Program Using Python' by Alan Gauld[1] teaches programming and
uses Python as its language of choice. Note that I have never read this
book, but it sounds like what you're looking for. One I have read is
'Programming Python' by Mark Lutz[2]. Once you get a footing in Python, this
book will let you...take big strides? That was a lame analogy, but you know
what I mean. I really like this one.

Good luck,
greg

[1]http://tinyurl.com/l7g