Let's Talk About Lambda Functions!

Robb Shecter rs at onsitetech.com
Fri Jul 26 16:10:06 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Britt A. Green wrote:
>

>>So I know what lambda functions are, they're syntax and how they're used.
>>However I'm not sure *why* one would use a lambda function. What's the
>

> No idea, really.  Maybe something to do with shocks in one's childhood.

Well put - ( reminds me of many conversations I've had with many perl
programmers over the years: substitute 'lambda' for one of any hundred
_neat_ perl features :-).

But to really answer you - I like lambdas and think lambdas can add
clarity because their scope directly reflects their 'scope'.  (Make sense?)

Robb