Linux clock-setting script

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sun Jul 7 23:38:30 EDT 2002

"David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net> writes:
> "Set Your Clock Via Internet"
> http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm
>
> This particular page focuses on Windows, but the ftp site has sources in C.

I know there's a full blown NTP pckage on that ftp site but I didn't
want to spend hours reading documentation and configuring some hairy
monstrosity.  I don't need millisecond accuracy; I just want my
computer to know what time it is within a few seconds.

Apparently the C package has a program called ntpdate that maybe does
the right thing, but I haven't examined it.