sending a file through sockets

Guyon Morée gumuz at looze.net
Thu Jul 4 10:20:42 EDT 2002

aha, thanx!

so the trick is to convert a file to a string representation right?
i still have to try it out, but maybe you can confirm my way of thinking
here :)

-------
encode some_file.jpg to basecode64 makes: SsDfgFVSFgfsaSZFASasfgAS

in send it through the socket and decode it back and write it to a file.
-------

right?

"Bo M. Maryniuck" <b.maryniuk at forbis.lt> wrote in message
On Thursday 04 July 2002 14:17, Guyon Mor? wrote:
> Who knows how to send and receive a file(binary data) through sockets?

At least you can convert it to MIME base64 first...

--
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

As usual, this being a 1.3.x release, I haven't even compiled this
kernel yet.  So if it works, you should be doubly impressed.