Let's Talk About Lambda Functions!

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Jul 29 11:15:01 EDT 2002

"Carl Banks" <imbosol at vt.edu> wrote in message
news:ahuqd8$1a7$1 at solaris.cc.vt.edu...
[ ... ]

> Personally, I don't care about saving lines, per se.  For me, lambda
> helps me to avoid stopping mid-function call, scrolling many or few
> lines to implement the function as a def, and returning.  I.e.,
> lambdas save me cursor movement.

Well your programming style and mine are very different. I thought the whole
point of using functions was to provide a usable abstraction of a portion of
a program's logic. I therefore *conceptualize* a function long before I
write it, and don't feel the need to make it's source code explicit just
because I've caslled it somewhere in my (developing) program.

it-take-all-sorts-to-make-a-newsgroup-ly y'rs  - steve
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/