web hosting with python cgi

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun Jul 14 11:18:36 EDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 05:05, William Dode wrote:
> In France it's not very easy to find web hosting supporting
> python cgi... They think only about php/mysql...
> Even the compagny who support python doesn't show it. So
> we are not sure they will continue.

Most modern Linux distributions include Python as part of the base
installation -- at least 1.5.2.  I don't know about FreeBSD.

If Python is installed, it will be available to you for CGI unless the
host goes to efforts to keep people from using it -- which would just be
mean (not that there aren't mean hosters).  If a provider already has
Python installed, even unadvertised, it's very unlikely to disappear.

  Ian