Calling Fredrik Lundh, (dare i ask) Guido, all other Guru's, could this be a bug?

G. Willoughby never at mind.info
Thu Jul 18 18:01:11 EDT 2002

I have been getting an error when quitting an app using a menu to call
'self.master.quit'. the error is:

'The instruction at "0x00d7a0a3" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The
memory could not be "read".'

I've also had a few people email me about old utils i've released about the
same problem. This only seems to occur for people running WinXP. I've never
had people email me about this before.

My particular OS is WinXP Pro, with ActiveState Python 2.1 (#15, Jun 18
2001, 21:42:28) with PIL (via ppm.py) installed. any ideas whats going on? I
never used to get this error with Win98 or WinME.

Thanks,

--G. Willoughby