Windows modem question...

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Tue Jul 16 00:12:24 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason" <blipoh at mail.com>

> I've been digging through all of the past posts about using a modem,
> and everything seems to reference serial modems. I was just wondering
> if the serial modules will allow me to access internal modems, or if
> that's a whole other problem. If it is a whole other problem, please
> steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Internal modems ARE serial modems.  There is no difference.

Even nasty WinModems fake the Hayes-type AT command set behind a
COM port interface.

On Unixoid OS's you would be accessing /dev/ttyNN type portnames.
I've never used the LinModem drivers so I don't know how they work.

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net