pickle performance on larger objects

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Jul 18 05:59:37 EDT 2002

Sam Penrose <spenrose at intersight.com> writes:

> memory usage increases by about 20%, FWIW. For my particular use case
> cPickle is still several (many ?) times slower than just recreating
> the object by reading in a file.

Are you sure that the file doesn't have an associated .pyc?  For then
you're testing marshal perfomance, and that's always going to kill
pickle.  Just a thought.

Cheers,
M.

--
  We've had a lot of problems going from glibc 2.0 to glibc 2.1.
  People claim binary compatibility.  Except for functions they