the meaning of life

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Jul 8 06:18:39 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring wrote:

> Somebody whos parents couldn't think of any better name than "Thinkit":
> > Take a break from python and realize the meaning of ALL conscious beings.
>
> Wow! You just discovered the meaning of life!!!!11. You should get a
> noble prize. I just can't think of any suitable category.
>
> > [...]
>
> *PLONK*

Don't plonk yet.
Have you heard about Life, the programming language?

(Perhaps here:

http://www-white.media.mit.edu/~tpminka/PLE/life/life.html

since the site http://www.isg.sfu.ca/life is dead, which I find quite
appropriate; the Life must eventually die...)

This is (ehm... was?) a multi-paradigmatic language: logic, functions,
inheritance, etc. Well, Python is not so far from such noble (Nobel?)
ambitions, although the Logic Sphere with non-instantiated variables
and backtracking still remains to be implemented. Perhaps in a stackless
Way of Life?

Anyway, once I try to give a short unofficial seminar on it, and after
a while people exploded: "My goodness! What is the meaning of all that!?"

But it was obviously pointless to discuss the Meaning of Life, so we
turned to more mundane affairs. Such as contributing to the pollution
of newsgroups by irrelevant postings.

Thank you for your attention.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France