three questions about IDLE

Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Mon Jul 22 10:22:10 EDT 2002

Dear All,

I have three questions about IDLE (under Linux; I am running Python 2.2.1, and
IDLE's version is 0.8).

1. I think that Alt-W should be "copy selection"; however, what this key
combination produces is the opening of the "Windows" submenu. How can I fix
this? If I need to change the key mappings, I would rather not break the
mapping of Alt to Meta modifier (since I want XEmacs and other programs to
cotinue using Alt as Meta). [Note that the alternative "Esc-W", which is
listed in "Using IDLE", by D. Harms, doesn't seem to work either, becasue
that delets the selection].

2. When editing in a window, is it possible to execute only some part of the
code instead of having the complete window being executed (using Ctrl + F5)?
(I am thinking about something like the C-c | of XEmacs).

3. Is there a way to run a piece of code without having to save the file where
the editing is being done? I understand is only a "C-x C-s" delay, but...

Thanks a lot,

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Unidad de Bioinformática