code examples for rfc822 module?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Jul 31 01:31:04 EDT 2002

rotundo52 at hotmail.com (Jon J. Morin) wrote:

>Does anyone know of any sites or other resources with code examples
>using the rfc822 modulde?  I am writing an app that sends and receives
>email and I really don't understand the documentation on the
>python.org site (I'm kind of a Python newbie).  Any help is
>appreciated.

The test routine at the end of the module gives you the basic operation.
There isn't too much to rfc822; you feed it a message, it returns the
headers and addresses in usable fashion.  You might want to look at the
email module instead, if you need more (like MIME handling).

What were you hoping to have it do?
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.