WindowsError in time.sleep !?!??!!

Eric Brunel eric.brunel at pragmadev.com
Mon Jul 1 07:19:50 EDT 2002

Hi all,

We encountered quite a strange problem in an application running on Win2k:
when doing a time.sleep(0.1), we occasionally get a traceback:

WindowsError: [Errno 5] Access is denied

I haven't been able to systematically reproduce the problem. The strange
thing is that when it occurs, there's another time.sleep(1) a few lines
above, and this one always works.

Does anybody have an explanation and/or a workaround for this problem? We
may of course delete this statement, but it doesn't sound quite safe: we
have many time.sleep in our code, and if we don't understand why this is
happening, it may break another one later...

Python version is 2.1 and we use multithreading, although not heavily.

TIA
--
- Eric Brunel <eric.brunel at pragmadev.com> -