first experiences with Python

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 08:30:47 EDT 2002

Wow. And welcome, Michelle! ;-))))

What a great introrduction to Python. As you might guess, most of us who
read this newsgroup agree with you in that we find Python to be easy,
fun, and powerful.

Myself, I find the documentation available to be vey good and also very
extensive. But, it can always get better! Maybe you can help by
contributing some additonal docs for newcomers, especially since,
judging from your post, you are quite an interesting writer? But before
you do so, maybe you should check out and see just how much is already
available. As a newbie myself, I have collected quite a long list of
links to online tutorials, other diocumentation and articles about
Python, and also book reviews on Python  books (an obscene number of the
book reviews written by myself), and other stuff of interest to
Pythonistas. If you are interested, you can check it out at
http://www.awaretek.com/plf.html