automating command line program

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Jul 12 12:09:35 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1026485483.24587.python-list at python.org>,
Mark McEahern <marklists at mceahern.com> wrote:
><quote>I'm fairly new to python and I've been trying to automate the usage
>of a command line prompt program and I'm able to successfully run the
>application from command line but once the program has launched, I'm unable
>to enter anymore commands into the program. I've basically just tried using
>os.system, os.popen, and print statements. Is there other python commands
>that will allow me to do this? I've looked around the web and I've found a
>module, Expect, that may be able to help me but I'm unable to find a windows
>version of this module for python. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
>Victor</quote>
>
>Could you please be more specific?  What is it you're trying to do?  What
>specifically have you tried?  What specifically isn't working?
			.
			.
			.
Myself, I thought he made it clear enough.  He's made
some progress with os.popen; now he needs to be told
about os.popen2 (and possibly os.popen3--my guess is
that's unlikely, though).

Victor, look those up in whatever documentation you're
using.  I suspect you'll find they give you everything
you're after.

Are there any warnings about popen2 under Windows Victor
should hear?
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net