COCOMO - appropriate for languages like Python? (fwd)

Andrae Muys amuys at shortech.com.au
Thu Jul 11 20:21:31 EDT 2002

Mike Brenner <mikeb at mitre.org> wrote in message news:<mailman.1026389963.6485.python-list at python.org>...
> Hi aahzpy!
>
> I am very interested in this problem, and would like to help, but I don't know what you mean.
>
> I viewed this message in textpad, microsoft word, wordpad, and netscape 4.79, and the two paragraphs below look the same.
>
> Is this possibly an Internet Explorer problem? Or is it a side-effect of the automatic reposting of python-list at python.org messages to comp.lang.python?
>
> Or it is a side-effect of translating from Windows format files to Linux format files?

None of the above.

It's a side-effect of you relying on every viewer failing to display
the text as you typed it.  As there exist viewers that will honour
your request to display each paragraph on a single line, this will
cause problems for those people who through choice or necessity use
such viewers.  I'm taking the time to explain this as your post looked
very interesting, however unfortunately I am one of those people who
(in my case, by necessity) use just such a viewer.

If you would like to see what your post looks like to such as I, I
suggest you use google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=mailman.1026318496.22583.python-list%40python.org

Andrae Muys