Guide to the python interp. source?

Kristian Ovaska kristian.ovaska at helsinki.fi
Tue Jul 30 04:06:17 EDT 2002

"Tim Gahnström /Bladerman" <tim at bladerman.com>:
>The thesis is not about making a CBR language but make an IDE with debugger
>for a language suited for novices.

Well, you've got the right language. I think Python is one of the
easiest languages to learn. It's precessor, ABC, was actually designed
to be a teaching language, I think.

I have switched to using Python (in a slighty pseudoish way) as my
pseudo language, and people can read it fine even if they've never
seen Python code before.

Someone has said, "Python is it for imperative languages", and I have
to agree. Like many programmers, I used to dream about designing my
own (imperative) language, but now I have to admit that my dream
language would look too much like Python to be designed. Damn Python!

--
Kristian Ovaska <kristian.ovaska at helsinki.fi>