Requesting a reference for a book on NNTP

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Jul 24 23:52:29 EDT 2002

TuxTrax wrote:

> Since I know that many programmers both amateur and professional, are
> active and lurking, I would like to ask for a reference to a good
> *beginners* book on the subject of NNTP and usenet that helps the
> inexperienced to understand the information.

I've generally found the RFCs themselves to be a pretty understandable
description of how these things work.  Have you looked, for example,
at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0977.txt and any subsequent revisions
that might have been made?  They are, after all, the definitive
source for such information.

-Peter