"my brain hurts" or is isinstance broken?

Jonathan Hogg jonathan at onegoodidea.com
Wed Jul 3 04:34:08 EDT 2002

On 3/7/2002 7:41, in article
eaef2e43.0207022241.62891b7e at posting.google.com, "Robert Kuzelj"
<robert_kuzelj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> what is a feature of 2.2? that you cant distinguish between
> a class and an instance? hardly!

No, that really is a feature!

Pretty much *everything* in the system is an object. This makes the entire
language uniform in its operation. It makes instrospection easier and it
allows metaclasses to change the behaviour of classes.

> i am very well aware of this. but it doesnt solve my problem.

Then perhaps you could explain your problem and maybe we can help. So far
you've told us how you're going about something, but not why.

Why do you need to differentiate between classes and "instances"? Perhaps
there's another way to do what you want that will work.

Jonathan