Q: Status of MySQL & Python?

John Hall wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net
Mon Jul 1 00:35:41 EDT 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 05:33:16 +0200, Gerhard Häring
<gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote:

>* John Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net> [2002-07-01 03:12 +0000]:
>> When trying to run the dbBrowser from Samples, MySQLdb/__init__.py
>> does a traceback in line #27 because _mysql is not found. Sure 'nuff,
>> I don't have that. I do have souce C source: _mysql.c
>
>Obviously you downloaded the source distribution. It's dead simple to
>build this, if you have Visual C++ installed:
>- Edit setup.py to point to your MySQL installation
>- Enter python setup.py install

Hi Gerhard,
thanks for the quick reply, but I did NOT D'L the source distribution,
but the binary for Windows.
Then I ran Setup,
did the c:\mysql\bin mysql-nt --install
then started the service,
then got MySQL Studio and created a database & a table.
I definitely have not compiled anything.

Should I have a _mysql library or _mysql.py file somewhere?

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa at telusplanet.net>
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.