Comments in pickles?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Tue Jul 2 22:26:00 EDT 2002

I've got a file parser that returns a data structure.  As part of a
regression test suite, I'm going to parse several sample files and save
the resulting data structures as pickle files to compare against future
versions.  I want to check those pickles into CVS.

Our usual practice is to imbed the CVS id string ($Id: ) in every
checked-in file as a comment.  Is there any way to do that with a
pickle?  Does a comment convention exist which cPickle.load()
understands?