Challenge/Response authentication

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Fri Jul 26 10:16:16 EDT 2002

Thanks that's very helpful.

This isn't really a browser issue. It's a rather unusual service we
need to offer.

We are providing a number of forms which sit, seamlessly, inside
client web pages. We handle the form and the data, although the
content of the form will depend on the client - not the user of the
browser. The client needs to identifiy and authenticate themselves on
the URL that puts the form in the frame.

The communication between our servers and the browser isn't the issue
here.

Had a quick look at HMAC

Thanks for the info.
--