Linux clock-setting script

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 7 23:11:08 EDT 2002

Paul Rubin <phr-n2002b at nospamnightsong.com> wrote:
> William Park <opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca> writes:
>> >  http://www.nightsong.com/phr/python/setclock.py
>> >
>> > I find it pretty useful for adjusting my computer clock every
>> > now and then, without the hassle of setting up a real NTP system.
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer, Paul.  Exactly what I needed.  Do you know any pure
>> shell script that does the same thing?  I don't have Python installed on
>> every machine.
>
> I don't know about shell but it should be simple to write the same
> thing in Perl or even in C.

I've found a partial solution.  I'm now using,
    ntpdate time.apple.com time.windows.com time.nrc.ca ntp1.cmc.ec.gc.ca
where 'ntpdate' comes from NTP package.  Still, shell solution would be
desireable, because I sometime don't have access to Perl, Python, or NTP
packages.  But, I do have access to shell all the time.

I'll update when I find solution. :)

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin