Forward Declaring Py_complex

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Jul 4 10:25:03 EDT 2002

"Mark Charsley" <mark.charsley at REMOVE_THIS.radioscape.com> wrote in
message news:memo.20020704104527.604A at a.a...
> for it, and don't treat it as a syntax error" then I can avoid
having to
> force all my class's clients from having to pull in a lot of header
files
> that most of them don't care about. This will have two benefits:
> 1) build times won't be hit by having to process unnecessary headers
for
> each cpp file
> 2) my workmates won't spend the next week moaning that I've broken
their
> build and asking which directories they have to put in their
project's
> include path to fix it.

Given these desiderata, I would consider handcrafting a minimal
'mypyplex.h' include with just the stuff needed, even knowing that it
might break and need editing for some future version of Python.

Terry J. Reedy