Session ID & Security

- c o v e n t r y - coventry at removethisandallhyphens-o-n-e.net
Fri Jul 19 23:12:25 EDT 2002

http://web.systhug.com/kernel-lock/ - for linux atomic file locking.

of course, wether your system is mulitprocess or multithreaded will vary
  the lock - a python multithreaded application can perform all locking
internally.  multiprocess requires external locking, such as the file
locking provided above in linux kernels and filesystems.  Note that
_how_  you store and lcok your data can play a big part in how the lock
affects performance.  a single, big lock on a single file containing all
session data will not scale.  I use individual files per session in my
projects, and lock individually - thus only simultaneous requests from
the same session can block each other - which is normally acceptable.

-c