newbie question on Fredrik Lundh's simple script

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Jul 3 09:50:11 EDT 2002

John Boik wrote:

> Here is the problem.  The frame pops up OK, but when I press the Quit button
> nothing happens.  When I press it twice, Python shuts down.

I assume "Python" means "the IDLE environment" ?

IDLE executes Python code inside it's own interpreter, and
is also using Tkinter.  If you run a program inside IDLE that
shuts Tkinter down, you'll also shut IDLE down.

That's really IDLE's fault, not Tkinter's...

I recommend running the samples in a stand-alone Python
interpreter, from the command line.

(or use an IDE that knows how to run Python programs in
a separate process...)

</F>