tk/tkinter radiobutton in grid bug?

Edward K. Ream edream at tds.net
Fri Jul 12 11:11:07 EDT 2002

Hi,

If b is a radiobutton, b.select() (b -select) does not work when b is
embedded in a grid, and works just fine when packed.  In either case,
the radio buttons work, but in the grid case the proper button is not
initially selected.  None of the various alternatives to b.select work
either.

Is this a known bug?  I have a dim memory of this being discussed
somewhere...Does anyone know a workaround that still uses grids (I'd
like to embed the radiobuttons in a labeled frame, and grids are the
only way I know to do that.)

Edward
Edward K. Ream   email:  edream at tds.net
Leo: Literate Editor with Outlines